Sunday 4 March 2012

Sid Patterson Grand Prix

Saturday was the Sid Patterson Grand Prix. I was invited to race in the U17s category in the support races. There was a 5 man team pursuit, a motor pace and a scratch race. In the team pursuit i was leading it, i wasnt going out very hard but i still managed to drop most of the enduro's off the back for a couple of laps. After i did 2 laps i pulled off the front and let the others go through. That was part of the plan. I was still feeling fresh however, and probably could have continued to go on. We were leading for about 3 quarters of the race but the other team ended up gaining on us near the end. The next race was a motor pace, i placed 4th in the motor pace. Finally, in the scratch race i placed 3rd. After the racing i got given all of my Vic gear including my skin suits, booties, shirts and jacket.

Today i had state training. My watts were down after racing the previous night. We did skills work, break and run drills and some gate starts. I was happy with my gate starts, they were pretty perfect time wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment