Saturday 18 February 2012

Is this everything?

It's almost a week overdue, so i guess i'll post now. The Monday after the sprint series consisted of lifting of weights (as if you hadn't figured that out by now). Because of the lengthy weekend I only did a warmup set of squats and some bench press. I PB'd in my bench press which was good.

On the Wednesday I rode down to DISC before warming up. My power numbers weren't too bad, which means they are coming back up (good sign, considering nationals is close). We did some speed endurance efforts on small-medium gears. They were pretty painful. We were all lying on the ground complaining about the state our legs were in at one point or another, but alas, it is a necessary evil.

The Thursday following the training session, i had weights. Volume day. Squats were a fair bit lighter than i'm used to and i only did 3 sets instead of 5. The legs were sore before that and they were definitely sore after that. After that i did deadlifts (dropped about 10kgs because i was losing back extension).

And now for today. Today was club teams racing. I raced the team sprint in second position. My team came second overall, so that was good. When i got home from said event, i relaxed for a couple of hours before going and doing a strength endurance ergo. The first half of the session was good, but once i got to the second part, that's when the pain started to kick in. By the end of it, my legs were just about ready to fall off. Once again though, it is a Necessary Evil.

A wise man (or not) once said: "ask yourself this question: Is this everything?" The question was asked a number of times during efforts, it kept me going and made me push myself to my absolute limits every time. Is this everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment